Reliable drilling equipment for offshore drilling and land rigs ensures optimised drilling operations and oilfield performance.
Our experienced team perform inspection, maintenance, overhaul, refurbishment and repairs on all classes of drilling rigs, drilling systems and drilling equipment. This includes structural, mechanical, hydraulic, Non-Destructive Testing (NDT), electrical, and control system activities which can be undertaken at our facilities.
As well as delivering routine inspection and maintenance, our field mechanics and technicians often provide troubleshooting and repair services on all plant and equipment.
Our solutions give you access to:
- A refurbishment process that meets classification / design code guidelines in line with OEM recommended practices
- Qualified and skilled OEM trained personnel
- A reactive workforce to ensure a short turnaround
- A wide range of capabilities (full scopes managed in-house)
- Significant cost savings while meeting OEM and client criteria.
Overhaul and repair
Our global expertise and capability allows us to deliver a quick and cost-effective service for drilling equipment repair, overhaul, commissioning, upgrade and recertification. We work to all classification, certification and OEM requirements to ensure compliance.
Typical services we deliver include:
- Full mechanical, hydraulic and electrical disassembly and assembly of drilling equipment
- Mechanical and structural repairs on drilling equipment
- Rig equipment removal and replacement utilising specialist rope access personnel
- Fabrication repairs by qualified welders
- Reverse engineering of spare parts where required in the absence of OEM parts
- Project engineering
The equipment we often inspect, overhaul and repair includes:
- Jacking systems
- Top drives
- Iron roughnecks
- Mud pumps
- Casing tongs
- Cementing units
- Centrifugal pumps
- Crown blocks
- Crown clusters
- Deadline anchors
- Drill pipe conveyors
- Drilling tools
- Handling equipment
- Hydra tongs
- Hyrdaulic catheads
- Hydraulic Power Units (HPUs)
- Rotary tables
- Travelling blocks
- Winches (electric, hydraulic, pneumatic).
Our inspection services provide you with confidence in the integrity of your drilling equipment. We use a wide range of traditional and advanced examination and testing techniques, and our rig activation services support you to achieve classification.
Typical services include:
- API RP 4G CAT III and CAT IV inspections
- Dropped Object Surveys (DROPS)
- Hazardous Area Equipment Register (HAER)
- Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) testing and certification
- Rig audits and conditional assessments of drilling equipment
All work is completed in accordance with international standards.
We use conventional and NDT inspection techniques including:
- Close Visual Inspection (CVI)
- Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI)
- Liquid Penetrant Inspection (LPI)
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- Eddy Current Testing (ECT)
- Alternating Current Field Measurement (ACFM)
- Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing (PAUT)
- Time of Flight Diffraction (ToFD)
- Electromagnetic (E-mag).
All NDT surveys can be carried out via rope access which is a cost-effective alternative to stripping down a full piece of equipment or erecting scaffolding.