From the supply of crane operations and management services for offshore platforms to bespoke mechanical handling solutions, we have worked on many safety critical offshore energy projects across the world.
In high risk and hazardous working environments, the safety and performance of lifting operations is of paramount importance and that is why our customers trust us to advise on and manage their requirements.
Our first venture into the offshore energy sector was through the supply of crane operators to the North Sea’s Forties field in the 1970s. Today we deliver our broad range of specialist equipment and engineering services to many of the industry’s global high profile projects.
Our experience covers many asset types including:
- Fixed production platforms
- Drilling rigs (all types including jack-ups, semi-submersibles and drill ships)
- Marine vessels (all types including cable and pipe lay, dive support, construction support and heavy lift vessels).
Altrad Sparrows’ engineering team is the industry leader when it comes to helping you solve your engineering problems.
Often using reverse engineering, we use the breadth and depth of our knowledge and experience to quickly and effectively give you the best way forward for your particular requirements.
Our engineering capability is at the core of all the products and services we supply. We specialise in providing solutions in the areas of lifting and mechanical handling, cable and pipe lay, and fluid power but the specialist disciplines we have in-house mean we can turn our hand to a variety of challenges.
Our specialists cross a range of disciplines, including:
- Integrity / reliability
- Automation and control.
The expertise held within our business enables us to design and manufacture equipment that meets the exact needs of clients across the energy sector.
Areas we regularly support include:
- Cable and pipe lay system design and manufacture
- Platform late life studies and decommissioning support
- Structural and integrity analysis
- Automation and control systems
- Hydraulic systems and equipment
- Crane and mechanical handling design, upgrade and manufacture.
To ensure we continue to work to the highest standards all our technical disciplines have a route for achieving professional accreditations with IET, IMechE and SOE.
We are committed to mentoring the next generation of engineers through our Engineering Development Scheme.