Specialist expertise is essential when your five-yearly inspection involves a variety of critical drilling equipment
- A refurbishment process that meets classification / design code guidelines in line with OEM recommended practices.
- Single point of contact for all hydraulic, mechanical and electrical repairs.
- Significant cost savings while meeting OEM and client criteria.
- Highly skilled multi-disciplined team working in tandem onsite and onshore.
- The client's jack up had over 25 pieces of drilling equipment which were in need of five-yearly and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) inspections and maintenance
- Altrad Sparrows was contracted to undertake the inspection scopes on all the drilling related equipment
- The workscope included the initial conditional assessment of each item followed by a detailed D&I and overhaul
- Many parts were not available from the OEM due to the short timeframe of the project.
- Altrad Sparrows project managed a turnkey package covering all elements for the equipment overhaul work scope relating to cranes and drilling equipment during their shipyard stay
- We undertook a condition evaluation to determine and identify which equipment required to be removed from the asset for overhauling
- All equipment then underwent five-year special periodic surveys; mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic component changeouts; general maintenance and fabric maintenance works; calibration and load testing
- Altrad Sparrows completed the scope with two sets of implementation teams, with one undertaking rig inspections and maintenance activities. Our second team was workshop based and completed the overhaul of over 25 pieces of equipment at our facility in Singapore
- Where parts were unavailable from the OEM we undertook reverse engineering to safely complete the works
- All the activities were overseen by our onshore engineering department who provided safety leadership, planning, preparation, engineering and technical support, and daily progress and final close out reports
- Our project team successfully completed the workscopes under challenging conditions and tight timescales.
- Equipment upgrade
- Fault finding and repair
- Drilling equipment overhaul
- Multi-discipline engineering/design
- Rigging / lifting
- Maintenance / servicing / refurbishment
- Inspection / servicing / rope access
- Fluid power / hydraulics
- Site Surveys
- Mechanical handling equipment
- Spare parts / components.